Driving is one of the pleasurable hobbies for many and provides a feeling of freedom, happiness, peace and positivity. Imagine driving on a route filled with greenery, flowers, a nice breeze and a popular playlist singing with no traffic around.
It is one of the biggest joys for most people who love being on the road. Regarding road trips, the mode of transportation is a major factor to consider, especially when a person does not own a car. Self-driven car in India provides those who love to take road trips an exciting opportunity to have all the freedom without owning a car.
Why pick a rental car?
Rental cars, especially self-driven cars in India, are mostly preferred owing to their flexibility, practicality, privacy and comfort during vacation. Though the number of people buying new cars is increasing, the new age professionals and businessmen who live in metropolitan cities like Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, etc., prefer self-driven cars.
They can choose the car model and even drive premium high-end cars that they might otherwise not own. Rent a car allows people to choose any car of their choice, especially for those unable to take their own car out for various reasons. Self-drive car rental helps people in ensuring that the lack of a car or a driver does not inhibit someone’s travel plans.
Self-driven cars are big in India today owing to the tourism industry as most people prefer to take a self-driven car to explore a new town. Most tourist destinations and major cities offer this feature for the convenience of the tourists and professionals who can claim their car expenses and do not prefer cabs.
Essentials for Renting a Car in India
Below is a complete guide on everything a person must know when renting a self-driven car in India.
- Renting a car can be done online or by visiting one of the many car rental POC points. Enquire well about the rates, the fare for each car along with the charges. Compare between a few brands before finalizing one.
- When a car and price are fixed – the rental agency usually takes a number of pictures and provides the customer with a checklist of car details so that they can be verified during the return.
- When deciding to rent a car, details of the car, fuel efficiency, insurance covered, the deposit amount to be paid, details on the charges applied, basic documents required and other rules and norms should be carefully understood.
- It is better when one is familiar with driving a rented car. Be sure to take a car out that can be returned in its original condition. Any damages or incidents such as tickets are to be paid by the user, and this may vary based on the incident and the size of the car.
- All ID proofs are to be submitted at the time of renting, and the same can be released at the time of returning the car. Most places only require ID proof copies, but some agencies may also ask for a small safety deposit.
- Basic research on the quality of roads and knowing the specific road rules and regulations that are followed in some cities is helpful to keep the car safe and avoid hassles on the way.